Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 14: Diabetic Dream


The prompt for this post was to write about my dream day.  I know that this probably means imagining a day where everything you've ever wished for and aspired to comes true, all within a 24 hour period.  

In which case, my dream day would consist of me waking up with not a single hair on my head out of place, flawless skin, going to my place of work where I will have a job which makes me ecstatically happy, coming home to a beautiful house with my equally beautiful family and sitting down to an incredibly tasty meal and not having to give any injections because diabetes has been miraculously cured that day.  

Oh and of course I'd probably fly around the world a few times, marvelling at the landscapes I see and the people I meet.  I'd also do everything on my bucket list and spend quality time with all the people I love...and this will be possible because it's my dream day and I can do whatever I like in it.  Not only that, but there's no realistic concept of time in a dream so the possibilities are endless!

The truth is, I didn't really want to write about my dream day to begin with.  That's why it's a bit vague and starts to sound a little sarcastic I guess.  Instead I thought I'd share a dream I had about diabetes about a month or so ago...

I was in a large space, a bit like a conference or meeting room.  I was sat in a big circle, with loads of familiar faces although I could barely recall who the people actually were when I awoke.  

The only individual I definitely remember being there was my Diabetes Nurse.  For some reason everyone in the room was testing their blood sugars.  My Diabetes Nurse told us all that there was a diabetic in the room and we needed to identify who it was.  I remember thinking it was me, of course.  However, when we tested our blood and saw the results on the Glucometer's screen, she said that everyone in the room had diabetes except from me!

As you can imagine I was pretty confused, both in the dream and when I woke up.  I suppose there is one thing that both of my 'dreams' have in common though...being cured of type 1 diabetes is obviously quite high on up on my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment