Saturday 20 August 2011

Success!

I think I've probably felt every emotion there is to feel this week.  It's quite fair to say that it has been one heck of a roller coaster ride.  However, all of the nerves, all of the worries, all of the sleepless nights spent tossing and turning in bed and all of the preparation finally paid off.

On Thursday, I went to 6th Form with knots in my stomach to collect my A Level exam results.  I got an 'A' in Philosophy and Ethics, a 'B' in English Language and a 'B' in Psychology.  I exceeded the grades required for my firm University choice.


It was one of the best days of my life and a reminder that diabetes doesn't have to compromise you.  You can still achieve everything you want to.  I am going to university and, one day, I will be a Speech Therapist!  Success!

6 comments:

  1. that's fabulous news Daisy!!! Congratulations!
    just goes to show that WE.CAN.DO.THIS. (whatever "this" may be for each of us)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! :) Hope you find uni everything you want it to be x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Daisy!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant news Daisy, congratulations!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya I've just found your blog off of diabetes uk's website and thought I'd leave a comment. I've really enjoyed reading your posts, they've made me giggle. I am literally the only type one diabetic I know and find it a bit overwhelming at times.(I was diagnosed 10 years ago at the age of eleven). I have pretty bad control and the moment and finding it all a bit much. I graduated this year and have settled in to more of a routine but it's just time to get back ontop of my diabetes. It's just nice to know there's other young girls out there who know what it' like. also fab Alevel results, well done =) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really well done Daisy. All your hard work has really paid off :-)

    Get ready for Freshers!!!!

    ReplyDelete